Wednesday, April 14, 2010

assignments for 4/20/10

Hello Families!

I'm sorry to be late posting. Life with a graduating senior is a whirlwind of activity. I'll try to do better.

We had a great day yesterday. We had show-and-tell AND still got to all subjects. Yeah! We spent alot of time looking at pictures and talking about JFK's assassination. We didn't take much time with MLK since we will read a biography about him. The book reports were outstanding!!! I'm so proud of everyone and the work they put into that.

I am trying to pull together a field trip for next Tuesday. I've e-mailed you my tentative plan. The Penn Center staff did get back in touch with me. Visiting the museum and having a guided walking tour will cost a total of $8 per person. I have a query into Nicole and Alice to see if there is any funding to defray that expense and will let you know. I plan for us to have class as usual including lunch in the morning. We'll leave Trinity at noon and return at 3:00. I do not think there is anything to have spending money for.

We had some questions about our work on the Latin Review. I plan to get in touch with an expert and will e-mail the answers later this week.

Enjoy the beautiful springtime.

love,
Mrs. Tkach

ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Read chapter 57 in the Bible Story Book.
2. Practice and learn Week 23 memory work.
3. Read the first 6 chapters of Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Review our probability lab with you parents.
5. Read Ch. 37 and 38 in SOTW.
6. Finish the Unit 4 Review in Latin. Write the vocab words for Lesson 23 three times each.
7. Review the features of the U.S. from the CC book. Go back to the mountains in lesson 11 and move through lesson 23. I want us to be able to point our their names and locations on a blank map by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment