Wednesday, January 13, 2010

assignments for 1/19/10

Dear Families,

We had a busy Tuesday. We finished the Prince of Egypt for Bible, saw a snippet of Far and Away that gave us a visual of the difference between the peasant's life and the rich land-owner's life in Ireland. (I can't recommend this movie because of certain parts. However, I love sections of it to give the children vivid pictures of parts of history. For example, the life of immigrants upon arriving in America, harsh factory conditions, the laying of the railroads to the west, the races for free land in Oklahoma, etc.) It might be worth you pre-viewing and using your judgement about sharing it with your child.

Because Woods had us all wired up for video, we watched Ado Annie sing in Oklahoma. I whole-heartedly recommend viewing this movie with you children. We boiled salt water and tasted the resulting salt as Ghandi and his followers did. We went for a long walk in the neighborhood and imagined doing that with he and his followers. We discussed the large intestines and began discussing the functions of the liver. Most students have the state capitals memorized.

Two areas I feel I've caused a mix up in are memory work and latin. Some students had done lesson 13 in latin and some had not. For next week, be sure that lesson is completed. If your student already has that done, utilize some of the activity sheets in the back of their book to keep them fresh on the material. For memory work, I introduced Week 14. Work on this information for next time. I plan to take time next class evaluating where we all are and reviewing.

I love my Trinity kids. I had the card to show them about our purchase from World Vision of a goat and 2 chicks but forgot to. I'll share it next time.

love,
Mrs. Tkach

p.s. Many thanks to Mrs. Amy for helping us today!

ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Read Chapter 23 in SOTW
2. Read Chapter 35 in the Bible Story Book
3. Work on memorizing Week 14.
4. Read through (and including) chapter 15 in The Night Journey
5. Make sure all exercises are complete through lesson 13 in latin

No comments:

Post a Comment